Friday, October 24, 2008

Welcome Note

I started this blog for deeply personal reasons. I experienced a traumatic event earlier this year and one of the ways I kept my sanity in those days was to write about what happened and how I felt.

I uploaded those pages to this blog because I wanted to tell people what had happened but without having to reveal who I am. I suppose I was looking for some kind of acknowledgement, an affirmation of sorts.

After a couple of months had passed I realised I no longer wanted my story to be public so I removed all the posts. Now I sit with a bare blog. I have many ideas and will be writing and posting soon but I want to give careful thought about what I put in this blog. I would like for it to be more than a vanity project. I'd like to inform and enlighten or at least stimulate debate. If I can raise a smile or a laugh in the process I'll count myself fortunate.

So let's see...

No comments: